The athenahealth revenue cycle management software, athenaCollector leverages a robust, automated claims management engine that is unmatched by other ambulatory medical billing software systems on the market today. The athena revenue cycle dashboard simplifies administrative tasks while offering complete transparency into the revenue cycle performance of your organization.
The athenahealth billing software rules engine is continuously updated, delivering a 93% first pass claims resolution rate.
Is MDS Medical An athena Billing Company?
Yes! MDS Medical is an Authorized athenahealth Managed Services Organization (MSO), offering comprehensive athena revenue cycle management and software services.
MDS offers comprehensive athena services including but not limited to athena medical billing, software implementation, training, support, IT support, and security. Our deep experience on the athenahealth platforms enables us to deliver the most comprehensive and highest quality athena medical billing services to fill in the gaps and billing tasks normally performed by your practice.
Our athena RCM team can manage and oversee your entire revenue cycle process in order to maximize your financial performance. These ancillary services can include charge posting, balancing payments, working rejected claims, patient collections, patient calls, working patient and insurance A/R, and comprehensive oversight of your full revenue cycle process.
Request InformationRequest a demo, information, or pricing for athenahealth medical billing software or services.
athena Medical Billing Services
Are you struggling with revenue cycle management issues, such as denials and claim errors? Is your practice losing income from improper billing? Do you struggle with staffing your internal medical billing team? This is where the MDS team steps in.
How MDS Medical’s RCM Team Can Help
MDS supplements the athenahealth software by delivering a full athenahealth revenue cycle management solution, including but not limited to:
- Charge posting
- Managing hold buckets
- Balancing payments
- Correcting and resubmitting rejected or denied claims
- Working insurance and patient A/R
- Patient Calls – inbound and outbound
- Coding services
- Payor contracting and fee schedule negotiation
Real-time visibility about your organization’s financial performance using the athenaCollector dashboard
Data from more than 160,000 providers across the athenahealth network is shared, enabling you to compare the financial performance of your practice against other organizations and best practice guidelines.
- Charge entry lag
- Client days in accounts receivable
- Days documents open
- Patient full registration rate
- Portal adoption rate
- Post-visit documentation rate
- Same day encounter close rate
- Time of service collections rate
Collect What You’re Eligible to Receive
- athenaheath’s automated updated rules engine proactively reduces denials to get claims paid faster, with 95% of claims successfully adjudicated the first time.
- At-a-glance transparency into claims errors, appointment issues and no-shows, and insurance eligibility problems so you can address quickly.
Reduce Administrative Tasks
athenaCollector takes on administrative work, so you can achieve your goals and grow without adding more staff.
- Easily access and edit claims. Update patient demographics, insurance information, and billing codes on a single page. Claims corrections are easy – your staff simply edits the claim and athenaCollector re-sends the corrected claim to the payer and follows up until its paid.
- athenaCollector identifies missing modifiers to prevent denials, proactively searches for insurance coverage and prevents denials for age mismatch
- Outbound claims and inbound remittances will be processed on your behalf
- Low-value tasks that take up your practice’s limited time will be identified to help reduce operating costs
Stay Ahead of Industry Change
The rise of high-deductible health plans and patients demand for modern technology has made the importance of payment collection even more challenging.
- athenaCollector consistently researches industry and regulatory changes, including changes to incentive payment programs that might impact your bottom line like MACRA.
- A cloud-based service, athenaCollector can push updates out to everyone overnight, ensuring you are always ready for future changes in the healthcare industry