A revenue cycle management solution, athenaCollector streamlines administrative tasks so you can grow your practice without expanding your staff. Reduce denials to get claims paid faster while spending less time and effort to improve your collections.
MDS Medical + athenahealth revenue cycle management
MDS Medical’s customized revenue cycle management services can supplement and extend your athenahealth experience.
Our seasoned mdsRCM team can manage and oversee your entire revenue cycle process and provide services normally performed by your practice. These ancillary services can include charge posting, balancing payments, working rejected claims, patient collections, patient calls, working patient and insurance A/R, and comprehensive oversight of your full revenue cycle process.
Request a demo, information, or pricing for athenahealth
Real-time visibility about your organization’s financial performance using the athenaCollector dashboard
Data from more than 160,000 providers across the athenahealth network is shared, enabling you to compare the financial performance of your practice against other organizations and best practice guidelines.
- Charge entry lag
- Client days in accounts receivable
- Days documents open
- Patient full registration rate
- Portal adoption rate
- Post-visit documentation rate
- Same day encounter close rate
- Time of service collections rate
Collect What You’re Eligible to Receive
- athenaheath’s automated updated rules engine proactively reduces denials to get claims paid faster, with 95% of claims successfully adjudicated the first time.
- At-a-glance transparency into claims errors, appointment issues and no-shows, and insurance eligibility problems so you can address quickly.
Reduce Administrative Tasks
athenaCollector takes on administrative work, so you can achieve your goals and grow without adding more staff.
- Easily access and edit claims. Update patient demographics, insurance information, and billing codes on a single page. Claims corrections are easy – your staff simply edits the claim and athenaCollector re-sends the corrected claim to the payer and follows up until its paid.
- athenaCollector identifies missing modifiers to prevent denials, proactively searches for insurance coverage and prevents denials for age mismatch
- Outbound claims and inbound remittances will be processed on your behalf
- Low-value tasks that take up your practice’s limited time will be identified to help reduce operating costs
Stay Ahead of Industry Change
The rise of high-deductible health plans and patients demand for modern technology has made the importance of payment collection even more challenging.
- athenaCollector consistently researches industry and regulatory changes, including changes to incentive payment programs that might impact your bottom line like MACRA.
- A cloud-based service, athenaCollector can push updates out to everyone overnight, ensuring you are always ready for future changes in the healthcare industry