EHR and Practice Management Software Training
Our flexible software training options are designed to ensure you enjoy high productivity, efficiency, and usability of your EHR.
MDS EHR Consultants must not only be able to facilitate the successful assessment, planning, and execution strategy of a training program, but also have a keen understanding of practice workflow and how users employ the system. We can help with front office, back office, provider, and clinical training.
As a former Prime Suite partner, MDS offers the mdsHELPDESK+ subscription for groups on the Greenway Prime Suite platform.
10 Key EHR Training Areas
- SUPERUSER TRAINING. Initial training and ongoing support for practice superusers who are the first point of contact for EHR questions in the practice
- INITIAL TRAINING. Initial staff and provider training for new AdvancedMD, athenahealth, or CareCloud implementations
- CUSTOM TRAINING. Tailored training programs for providers, front office, and back office staff
- NEW EMPLOYEES. New employee onboarding training
- PROVIDER WORKFLOWS. Providers who need help fine-tuning or revamping clinical workflows in order to deliver more efficient patient care and improve patient satisfaction
- QUALITY MEASURES. Providers needing help with MACRA/MIPS/APMs
- REVENUE CYCLE OPTIMIZATION. Helping billing staff identify common issues that cause reduced revenue cycle performance
- FINANCIAL REPORTING. Help with financial processes and custom reporting
- INSURANCE AND PATIENT PAYMENTS. Groups who are not getting paid and not sure why, or who do not have adequate resources to tackle the problem
- CLINICAL TEMPLATE HELP. Providers who need to be trained on how to build custom specialty-specific clinical templates to mirror existing workflows
Flexible EHR Software Training Options
Through our Professional Services department, we can customize a training plan to meet the needs of your organization and users.
- Onsite training at your office: Our highly-certified and skilled EHR training and implementation consultants visit your practice and train your staff one-on-one or in a group setting.
- Training webinars: Train your entire staff over the web and save on travel and training costs. Training sessions are conducted by the same consultants who conduct your onsite training. This means you will still enjoy the same high-quality training but at a lower cost.
- MDS training facility: Visit our state-of-the-art training facility in Phoenix, Arizona for full training, partial training, or send new staff members to us!
- Hybrid training: Have MDS deliver part of your training onsite at your location or send your staff to our Arizona training facility. Supplement with web-based training to reduce costs.
EHR Training FAQs
Does MDS really offer unlimited EHR software training?
Yes! All MDS Medical customers using us for AdvancedMD, athenahealth, or CareCloud maintenance and support can call and schedule 2-hour training sessions at any time, led by experienced EHR software consultants. These training sessions are included with your monthly maintenance charges.
Your customized training sessions can cover any area where you need extra help. MDS customers use monthly training sessions on a wide variety of features, including but not limited to: new employee onboard training, advanced superuser training, and custom clinical template help for providers.
Training can be offered to non-clinical staff on practice management and revenue cycle features, or EHR functionality for your clinical staff.
- Current MDS customers: Call 1-800-494-3188 to schedule training
Do your consultants understand my practice workflow?
Our AdvancedMD, athenahealth, and CareCloud trainers must not only be able to facilitate the successful assessment, planning, and execution strategy of a training program, but also have a keen understanding of practice workflow and how users employ the system.
All MDS implementation consultants are highly skilled in “change management.” This means we help resistant providers and staff embrace your EHR platform and maximize its functionality. A combination of product certification and real world field experience ensures that your training program maximizes efficiency and results.
MDS has consultants on staff who can accommodate software training in both English and Spanish for practices having bilingual needs.
How does MDS ensure that our staff can maximize what they learn in training?
The best approach for information retention is training at-your-pace methodology. Segmented training enables users to work with the system as long as necessary until they are ready to move forward. This phased training strategy can dramatically increase user satisfaction and retention of the system.
What impact does training have on productivity?
In a word – dramatic. Proper training ensures that your clinical and administrative staff have been trained on the same modules and processes, increasing efficiency and workflow throughout the organization. Training creates a shared sense of purpose and knowledge of the new EHR processes and motivates all users to employ its features to the fullest extent possible.
Our mdsHELPDESK+ subscription training and help desk plan is the best way to maximize your usability of Prime Suite.
Ongoing training ensures continuity during staffing changes, maximizes staff productivity, and ensures that new employees are provided with optimal training to perform their job function.
Request Information on EHR Training
Have questions for us? If you would like information or pricing, please complete the form below or call us at 1-800-494-3188 and we’ll get you the info you need right away!