HIPAA Compliant EHR Data Backup
Greenway Prime Suite, NextGen EHR, and Enterprise Data
Fast, secure, and cost-effective offsite backup is mission critical for every healthcare organization. mdsBACKUP is our managed cloud backup solution for Prime Suite or NextGen EHR data.
MDS Medical’s deep understanding of the Prime Suite and NextGen configuration, network structure, and hardware requirements enables us to deliver the fastest and most reliable Greenway and NextGen backup solution available.
In addition, mdsBACKUP can be used to securely back up all of your organization’s data utilizing the same seamless interface.
For legacy Greenway Prime Suite data archiving, MDS offers mdsARCHIVE. The mdsARCHIVE solution can be used to gain single-click access to legacy Prime Suite data directly within athenahealth or CareCloud.
Why Choose mdsBACKUP?
For speed and performance, some medical organizations prefer on-premise hosting of patient data with own servers and equipment. However, a key challenge for these practices is finding a reliable, offsite, secure, and easy solution for database backups. Even if you are flawlessly and consistently performing database backups in-house, an unexpected disaster or crime (fire, flood, burglary) can destroy backups stored in your office. Sometimes backups get corrupted. Daily encrypted backups to a remote, offsite location ensures that your data is safe even in the event of a disaster or technical failure.
With mdsBACKUP your data is stored in state-of-the-art, secure, ultra-reliable, energy-efficient centers with the highest standards of infrastructure design. With our hybrid approach – with backup storage both locally and in the cloud – we allow the ability to auto-select the fastest recovery source (and it’s not always local) for the given data set.
What Backup Options are Offered?
Not only does mdsBACKUP cover your Greenway Prime Suite and NextGen servers, we offer protection for all Windows based servers and workstations plus many more data sources.
Platform and Application Support
|Cluster Shared Volume (CSV)||System State|
mdsBACKUP is integrated with MAXfocus storage, so we have the option to keep all your backups locally and/or to the cloud.
How is My Data Protected?
- We offer military-grade protection for your data, enabling you to store, manage, and recover exchange data across multiple operation systems – including Windows, Linux, and OSX. You have the ability to set a private encryption key (AES 128-bit, AES 256-bit, or 448-bit Blowfish), which ensures only the owner of the key can recover and access the data, eliminating any unauthorized access.
- Advanced Encryption Standards: (AES) 128-bit / 256-bit / 448 blowfish (HIPAA compliance)
- Client-side encryption: Encrypt data at the source, and keep it encrypted in transit and on the storage (HIPAA compliance)
- Encrypted in-transit (“in-flight”): Data is encrypted before sending over Secured Socket Layer (SSL) connection (HIPAA compliance)
- Encrypted in storage (“at-rest”): The data remains encrypted while stored in the data center (HIPAA compliance)
- Archiving: You can set the archiving up to unlimited (HIPAA compliance)
- Security-Focused Storage: Data will be stored in one of our 7 SSAE16 SOC-1 Type II and ISO-certified data centers worldwide. You choose where the data is stored, and it does not leave that country (HIPAA compliance).
- With an incredibly fast backup and restore – exceeding 5GB/min – the system runs with absolute minimum systems impact and memory footprint. You will also receive regular reports and alerts when things go wrong, daily reports confirming the state of backup, and we give you automatic branded reports when requested.
How Do I Get Started?
MDS provides all support and management of your database and server backup configuration and performance. There is no training required. Call 1-800-494-3188 or complete the form below to get started on your fast initial setup, and start protecting your data in minutes!